Superquick, Healthy & Delicious Sambar, perfect with steamed Idli! Made by You, fresh in your kitchen!
- Serves - 4 Portions
- Prep Time - 10 Min
- Cook Time - 20 Min
- 1 Cup Toor Dal (200 gm)
- EltheCook's Masala Khichadi 'Tadka' (Serves 4 pack)
- 1 Cup chopped vegetables of your choice (Drumstick, Pumpkin, Brinjal)
- 2 Big Tomatoes - Finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Sambar Masala Powder
- 1 inch piece Tamarind - make paste with water / 2 big Lemons
- Salt to taste (About 1 teaspoon)
- Wash & Boil Toor Dal & vegetables in a Pressure Cooker with 1 cup water & salt. Allow to cook for high flame for 3 whistles. Allow pressure to settle before opening the cooker.
- Meanwhile, in a pan, empty Tadka packet & add finely chopped tomatoes. Cook well on medium flame. Keep stirring till it becomes almost dry (About 10 min). Do not cover.
- Add the Sambar Masala & cooked Dal mix along with its water. Mix thoroughly. Adjust salt and water. Cover & let it bubble for 5 min.
- Add Tamarind paste or squeeze juice of 2 lemons over Sambar & Enjoy with hot Steamed Idli.